Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bell Pepper and Mushroom Stroganoff

Turkey, sliced into cubes or strips
Olive oil
Salt
Paprika
Mushrooms, sliced
Red Bell peppers, cut into rings
Thyme, fresh or dried
Flour
Soup base or soup cube
1 Single Serving Plain Yogurt

Take your chopped Turkey and mix it with about a tablespoon of Paprika and a dash of Salt. Brown it in a large frying pan in Olive Oil (it doesn't need to be cooked through, just browned), then remove from pan and set aside; be sure to leave as much of the turkey's juices in the pan as possible. Add the mushrooms and thyme and let saute a little. Add a tablespoon of paprika and several tablespoons of flour, combine well, and let brown for a few minutes, until the flour looses its flour-smell. Add 'soup base' (what do I mean by soup base? When I made this recipe, I had made a very bad onion and cabbage soup the night before, very salty and overcooked, and I had about 2.5 cups left over- the perfect soup base. If yr not so lucky to have a bad soup lying around, just use hot water and a soup cube. Maybe add some onion to the recipe- let it fry a few minutes before adding the mushrooms) and stir. Add bell peppers. Let bubble for awhile until it starts looking nice and saucy- the flour should be thickening it up. Then add the turkey and let cook until done. Stir in the yogurt just before removing from heat. Serve over brown rice.

No comments: